Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Corset Chat
 Corset Forum and Chat : Corset Related Chat : Corset Chat
Message Icon Topic: How long do you think it will take? Post Reply Post New Topic
Siren

Online Status: Offline
Quote Siren Replybullet Topic: How long do you think it will take?
    Posted: 12 December 2007 at 9:20pm
I am 5'7 and weigh 116 usually I weigh 120 but I have been stressed lately and I tend to lose weight when that happens, overall I am a healthy person with a good diet. I plan to purchase a training corset from ebay how long do you think it will take me to acheive a waist reduction of 3 inches or even two inches without wearing the corset? Obviously with it on I would notice that my waist looks smaller but I would like the change to take physically in my body so that my waist would actually be smaller without the corset. Then I suppose I could keep wearing it at night to maintain results. I don't want drastic results I just want a more well defined waist my figure is a little "too up and down" for me even though I do have a waist it just isn't as defined as i would like. I know a corset must be worn a lot in order to maintain results, I suppose there is a point where it is no longer needed unless it is for diet purposes. I will not be using it for diet purposes.

I will probably only wear it to bed I suppose it might be a little difficult getting used to it, I don't see how it won't be noticable under my clothes and what if someone gives me a hug. I would rather keep the fact that i wear a corset to myself. My measurements are 35 26 33.5 at least last time I measured, I don't know if it may vary slightly if I have lost or gained five pounds or less (that is how much my weight varies month to month some of that may be water weight i dont knowetc). Its been fun reading through this forum there is a lot of information and good topics. I will make sure to keep reading so that I will be well informed about waist training.

Edited by Siren - 12 December 2007 at 9:43pm
IP IP Logged
andy

Quote andy Replybullet Posted: 13 December 2007 at 3:15am
Hmm. A very good question. I'm the same height and weight as you. I have a 25" waist, but I don't think that the corset has had all that much effect. I do run quite often, which does get my heart pumping. Since I started waist training, as it were, my natural waist has not really gotten any smaller, though I can wear smaller corsets.

The right corset may be able to bend the ribcage in a bit-- which may result in a permanent change.

Do you have a specific corset in mind?

IP IP Logged
corsetboy

Quote corsetboy Replybullet Posted: 13 December 2007 at 7:07pm
Siren, as you sound quite thin already I really wouldn't be able to venture a guess with any accuracy. I do suspect that you might have to wear the corset more than just while sleeping in order to retrain your natural body shape, since you are so thin already.

Either way, if you do decide to try it I hope you share your results so that we can all learn a bit about how it impacts an "at rest" uncorsetted figure.
IP IP Logged
Siren

Quote Siren Replybullet Posted: 19 February 2008 at 5:19pm
Thank you so much for the reply ladies, I really appreciate it. Sorry I haven't been back here to reply but since it seems this forum doesn't have a ton of members getting responses takes a long time. Andy I was afraid that because my thinness I wouldn't get much of a result, I am still worried about that. How long have you been waist training, how often do you wear yours and what results have you achieved? Since we are in a similar situation I would like to get an idea of how things have been for you.

I haven't even purchased it yet what with the hoilday, and I bought a guitar and I am taking lessons along with everything else I haven't had the money. I have found a cheaper alternative which might work for me its called the squeem:

http://www.brazilianwaistcincher.com/Waist_cincher.htm

I know a traditional waist training corset would be best like some sold by some ebayers like mesichants (sp?) but the price of the squeem is right. I am hoping that it will be a good buy, some people in another forum had good results but they also had a few extra pounds. I think in those cases its really the fat around the area that is being burned creating a smaller shape. But I have virtually no fat there, I don't have rippling abs either but I would if I actually exercised.
IP IP Logged
Annalai

Quote Annalai Replybullet Posted: 19 February 2008 at 7:10pm
The "corset" at the link you gave is not a real corset.  I would call it a bustier/girdle you can never get the same affect as with a real corset.
Personally I do not think it will do you anything good if you already are thin this one only smoth out the fat just like an old fashioned girdle does it does not work on your waist.

http://www.staylace.com/albertcst/index13.html
IP IP Logged
Zoggi

Quote Zoggi Replybullet Posted: 19 February 2008 at 8:54pm
As Annalai says, those are not real corsets and they won't give any permanent waist reduction. They are just girdles designed to hold your tummy in and smooth out your silhouette. If you want to start tight lacing, you will need to get a high quality steel boned corset, preferably made to measure. If you're going to be wearing it all the time including at night, you want it to be a perfect fit.

There are probably some ebay sellers who do sell good quality corsets, but do bear in mind that you get what you pay for. You're better off spending your money on a very basic corset from a reputable corsetiere.
Zoe
IP IP Logged
EveRose

Quote EveRose Replybullet Posted: 19 February 2008 at 11:49pm
I have similar natural measurements to you, and it took me approximately 3 weeks of 23/7 corset wear to achieve a 2" waist reduction without the corset. However, I am 3.5" shorter than you and a similar weight, so I'm probably fatter and therefore squashier than you are LOL

Also, I have corset trained in the past and, although I don't really know how past experience affects ability to waist train, it may be that my middle has remained reasonably squishy from the last attempt, about a year ago. I'm not sure on that one, though.

The other thing that will obviously have an effect will be the size of the corset. My waist is naturally 26" but I have been wearing a corset with a 19" waist. I have only been able to close it fully for about a week and a half, but in that week and a half I have shrunk to a 24" waist.

I don't know if that helps you at all, but I hope it does!

xxx Eve
IP IP Logged
andy

Quote andy Replybullet Posted: 20 February 2008 at 2:31am
Originally posted by EveRose

I have similar natural measurements to you, and it took me approximately 3 weeks of 23/7 corset wear to achieve a 2" waist reduction without the corset.

Was this reduction in any sense "permanent"? If not, how long did it last, unconstrained by the corset?
IP IP Logged
EveRose

Quote EveRose Replybullet Posted: 21 February 2008 at 10:54am
I don't imagine that it is permanent, no...but I don't know how long it lasts if I don't wear the corset for a while. The longest I take it off for is an hour, two at the most, and the reduction lasts that long, but I don't know how much longer...

xxx Eve
IP IP Logged
Annalai

Quote Annalai Replybullet Posted: 21 February 2008 at 12:06pm

This part of the text is a bit confusing to me.

I know a corset must be worn a lot in order to maintain results, I suppose there is a point where it is no longer needed unless it is for diet purposes. I will not be using it for diet purposes.

If I understand this right your idea about corset train for a short time and you body will stay like this does not work. It is why people who wants a small waist do tightlacing 23/7 as soon you remove your corset your waist will start to slowly expand back. You need to keep on wearing a corset to maintain this smaller waist how often and much I guess depends on how much reduction you want and your own body this is something no one else really can say we are all a bit different.

About diet well I try to not loose weight and eats smaller meals several times a day. I do eat almost everything but some things i avoid or eat much less of becasue I wear a corset. Some food and drinks can couse pain if you wear a corset so this is the real meaning with a corset diet in my wiew and does not really have anything to do with loosing weight.

About food to avoid while laced read this.

http://www.waspcreations.com/diet.htm

Annalai
IP IP Logged
EveRose

Quote EveRose Replybullet Posted: 21 February 2008 at 10:23pm
The link above covers pretty much everything, but I wanted to add that it's not a good idea to eat fatty foods. They are difficult to digest and can often cause pain. I find that I'm better to eat fruit and vegetables and fish. I don't eat meat, and I try to avoid foods that cause bloating. This varies from person to person, but for me it involves avoiding beans, bread and oats. Most other food I'm OK with :).

xxx Eve
IP IP Logged
GothicTechie

Quote GothicTechie Replybullet Posted: 02 March 2008 at 1:22pm
I once had pizza and coke while wearing a very tight corset. Big mistake. I had to go outside and loosen the laces so I could breathe at all!
IP IP Logged
Annalai

Quote Annalai Replybullet Posted: 02 March 2008 at 8:46pm
Well it is about proportions I can eat pizza and drink coke but I eat 1/3 of the pizza and drink a  small glass of coke or less. So tightlacing does not mean you must give up all things just eat less but more often.

Annalai
IP IP Logged
dodi
Groupie
Groupie

Quote dodi Replybullet Posted: 27 April 2008 at 6:22am
I think you have to try it - get a real corset.

I am 5 "10 and weigh around 135 - 140lbs

The first 3 inches took about a month. I never slept in my corset. Well I tried it once and realized it was never going to work for me! I tended to wear from morning, after gym, until about 10PM, unless I was partying!

I never lost much by the next morning.

I hardly laced on the weekend either. Unless we went somewhere special. By Monday it wasn't like I was starting from ground zero. I kept my measurements with my gym stat to make sure I was improving - I did. You will too.

I started lacing in the late 1990's I switched from cheap OTS corsets to custom after my first month with a really cute Vollers. I have had several from Romantasy's designers and then in about 1999/2000 discovered Amy Crowder and her Wasp Creations.

The Wasp Shape really suits my figure. I have laced all the way down to 18 inches and held that for about 3 years before having kids and getting lazy!! I now lace to 22 inches and 24 is pretty easy.

After my pregnancies my waist was still in decent shape! My corsets still fitted.

So the 23/7 routine doesn't resonate with me and never has.

D
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version