Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Customers Corset FAQ's
 Corset Forum and Chat : Corset Related Chat : Customers Corset FAQ's
Message Icon Topic: Help! Best smooth corset for under clothing? Post Reply Post New Topic
Cara

Quote Cara Replybullet Topic: Help! Best smooth corset for under clothing?
    Posted: 18 February 2008 at 11:45pm
Hi, I'm new to corsets, but am wanting to purchase one to wear under clothes. I'm hoping for one with a low back and without any excess bulk that could be worn underneath a thinish camisole top and still be discrete. I'm concerned about the laces showing through. I'm very petite already - only 5'1'' with a 22" natural waist, and I'm hoping for something that will give me a more defined waist but nothing too severe. I also don't want anything too long in the torso because I'm short. Any recommendations on brands that make a smoother type of corset? I'd greatly appreciate any advice as my knowledge is so limited!
IP IP Logged
Victorianlacing

Online Status: Offline
Quote Victorianlacing Replybullet Posted: 19 February 2008 at 3:58pm
Tricky, The nature of a good corset is support up on the back hence lace showing problems.  I would go for a basque in your situation as they can come in a low style at the back. Maybe a laced waspie corset may solve the problem and give good waist reduction
Unless you have tried it you will never know!
IP IP Logged
GothicTechie

Quote GothicTechie Replybullet Posted: 02 March 2008 at 1:42pm
Would a corset work laced with the knot at the bottom rather than at the waist, so the laces could be hidden under a skirt?
IP IP Logged
Annalai

Quote Annalai Replybullet Posted: 02 March 2008 at 3:34pm

You can not really get a good reduction with the laces tied at the bottom.

Something over the corset would be a better option.  Take a look at this site for different alternative.

http://shopping.yahoo.com/s:Stockings%20&%20Pantyhose:140637-Image%20Color=Tan:4168-Brand=Spanx

I wear skirts and dresses and I do not really find this to be a real big problem a belt for example worned over the clothes at the waist over the knot do hide the knot well. Most clothes are not so tightfitting so the knot and laces really show is my experience.

Any plain corset works under clothes the best choise is an underbust 4 inches smaller then your natural waist. Do be aware many off the rack will be too high for a person who is petite (I am petite myself so I know) so I think the best option is to order a custom made corset.

Annalai

Edited by Annalai - 02 March 2008 at 3:39pm
http://www.staylace.com/albertcst/index13.html
IP IP Logged
GothicTechie

Quote GothicTechie Replybullet Posted: 02 March 2008 at 7:46pm
http://www.corsetheaven.com/shop/item_show.asp?code_no=V1918uS

That one is very good for short people, notice how stupid it looks on a tall model.
IP IP Logged
Annalai

Quote Annalai Replybullet Posted: 02 March 2008 at 8:36pm

My first corset was a vollers but not this one I think but it was my most uncomfortable corset I have ever had and this I have over and over heard from others during all the years I have been active in corset groups and other places. Both Axford and Snobz corsets has been ranked higher then vollers.

http://www.staylace.com/albertcst/index13.html
IP IP Logged
GothicTechie

Quote GothicTechie Replybullet Posted: 04 March 2008 at 12:55pm
I've never had a comfort problem with Vollers, it depends on the person.

Edited by GothicTechie - 04 March 2008 at 12:56pm
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version