Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Corset Chat
 Corset Forum and Chat : Corset Related Chat : Corset Chat
Message Icon Topic: no busk!(losing my mind) Post Reply Post New Topic
victoriavoodoo

Online Status: Offline
Quote victoriavoodoo Replybullet Topic: no busk!(losing my mind)
    Posted: 10 December 2009 at 12:48am
Hi, this is my first post here. I'm Victoria, I'm 18 and live in Louisiana, nice to meet yall =].

So i decided to give this waist training thing a try and bought a Meschantes training corset. http://meschantes.com/training.html

It seems to fit very well and is comfortable. What i did not realize is how time consuming it would be to completely re-lace it EVERY time i wear it! =[
There is no front closure of any kind!

I've had a couple corsets before for lookin pretty/occasional wear and there has always been a busk closure......is there some secret trick to getting this one on and off without relacing every time? I have a 37" chest and 22/23 inch natural waist..pretty sure there's no way this thing is going over my head even loosened unless it's at least half unlaced.

Please and Thank You =]

Edited by victoriavoodoo - 10 December 2009 at 12:49am
IP IP Logged
Annalai

Quote Annalai Replybullet Posted: 10 December 2009 at 11:36am

My corset is also busk less and I have to relace it every time. I need to remove most of the laces and I have two separate laces (no bunny ears).

But looking at the pics and reading your message I think you mean you would like to be able to just unhook the corset in the front and not open up the laces at all. Well this you should never do you can easily destroy the corset this way.

Even a corset with a busk as front closure you need to relace the laces every time you remove your corset and pull the laces again when you put it on or you can destroy the busk or tear the eyelets off etc. I have seen some who sells or make corsets has had information about not needing to relace your corset but this is totally wrong it is a must.

You can either get longer laces so you can either step in the corset or pull it over your head. Or you need two seperate laces and you have to totally relace the corset each time you need to remove or put it on.

I tried to find anything about how to lace your corset if it has no frontclosure but could not find anything good.

Not sure if this may be helpful how to put on and remove your corset. Do not wrap the laces around the waist like she has in the pictures. This will soon tear the fabric around your waist.

http://www.corsetsandcrinolines.com/tidbits.php?index=6

Annalai
http://www.staylace.com/albertcst/index13.html
IP IP Logged
victoriavoodoo

Quote victoriavoodoo Replybullet Posted: 10 December 2009 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by Annalai

My corset is also busk less and I have to relace it every time. I need to remove most of the laces and I have two separate laces (no bunny ears).

But looking at the pics and reading your message I think you mean you would like to be able to just unhook the corset in the front and not open up the laces at all. Well this you should never do you can easily destroy the corset this way.

Even a corset with a busk as front closure you need to relace the laces every time you remove your corset and pull the laces again when you put it on or you can destroy the busk or tear the eyelets off etc. I have seen some who sells or make corsets has had information about not needing to relace your corset but this is totally wrong it is a must.

You can either get longer laces so you can either step in the corset or pull it over your head. Or you need two seperate laces and you have to totally relace the corset each time you need to remove or put it on.

I tried to find anything about how to lace your corset if it has no frontclosure but could not find anything good.

Not sure if this may be helpful how to put on and remove your corset. Do not wrap the laces around the waist like she has in the pictures. This will soon tear the fabric around your waist.

http://www.corsetsandcrinolines.com/tidbits.php?index=6

Annalai
thank you. i know you have to loosen them every time even if there is a busk, i did not know you have to unlace it every time; i thought loosening it all the way was enough. i guess i'll get longer laces or deal with it then heheh

Edited by victoriavoodoo - 10 December 2009 at 7:15pm
IP IP Logged
Annalai

Quote Annalai Replybullet Posted: 10 December 2009 at 8:01pm

Ok maybe I missunderstood you and my English complicates things I am Swedish I am not using the right words I guess. So I try again.

Of course you do not have to totally remove the laces and relace the corset if you can get into it. I meant you need to loose the laces before open up the busk. With a corset who has a front busk and bunny ears you do not need to remove the laces at all just loose them enough so it is no strain on the busk when you unhook it. Well the link I gave have clear instructions with both pics and text on how to correctly lace and unlace your corset.

But on a corset with no front closure you may need to relace the laces if you do not have them long enough so you can pull the corset over your head or step in it like a dress.

Annalai
http://www.staylace.com/albertcst/index13.html
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version