Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Transgender Chat
 Corset Forum and Chat : Corset Related Chat : Transgender Chat
Message Icon Topic: Overbust under clothes? Post Reply Post New Topic
samwa7
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote samwa7 Replybullet Topic: Overbust under clothes?
    Posted: 18 June 2012 at 3:53pm
From another thread, copied here:
Originally posted by Corsetheaven

As well as being more restrictive, even if an overbust corset is made to measure and offers good support to the bust, the outline under everyday clothing is not what we are used to with a bra. 

Just curious what the end effect is wearing an overbust under clothing?

My goal is to be able to wear normal tops without bursting the top buttons (holding in the upper back muscles a bit), while having minimal bust to fill out that part of the shirt. I'm not necessarily looking for that busty look that you would get with an underbust and bra.
Will an overbust do this?
-sammi
IP IP Logged
Slowly

Quote Slowly Replybullet Posted: 24 October 2012 at 9:58pm
Perhaps you should go to a corsetiere and try on a few overbust ones to see how it looks under your clothes?
I'm
Thinking of doing that, as I already have a few underbust ones.
IP IP Logged
samwa7
Groupie
Groupie

Quote samwa7 Replybullet Posted: 02 November 2012 at 1:40pm
Thanks for the suggestion. I've thought about that, however have not been able to find one that is local that I could visit. I'd love to be able to do that though.
IP IP Logged
Donny
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Donny Replybullet Posted: 02 November 2012 at 8:31pm
I wear an overbust corset under 'normal' outer clothes.  It looks a bit conspicuous under just a T-Shirt, mainly on account of there being a more obviously visible "bust" than a discreet bra would probably create.
However, when worn with a sweater, hoodie or any reasonably bulky or loose-fitting top garment it's totally hidden.  The key is to make sure it fits properly in that the corset's waist measurement (which is the critical factor in corset sizing) doesn't come with a buit-in bust size which is much too big.  
Don.
IP IP Logged
albertjohns

Quote albertjohns Replybullet Posted: 11 February 2013 at 10:41am
A corset can be over-bust, under-bust or a waist-cincher. And, I would like to share that overbust, - can be worn on top without any other underwear or clothes.
IP IP Logged
samwa7
Groupie
Groupie

Quote samwa7 Replybullet Posted: 19 February 2013 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by Donny

I wear an overbust corset under 'normal' outer clothes.  [...] The key is to make sure it fits properly in that the corset's waist measurement (which is the critical factor in corset sizing) doesn't come with a buit-in bust size which is much too big.  

Hi Donny, just rereading your post. Can you describe exactly what you mean by 'built in bust size'?
Are you referring to a standard womans fit vs. custom not so full on the bust for a man?
In a standard size my natural bust is the same as the bust of the corset if I got the desired waist size of 30".
IP IP Logged
Donny
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Donny Replybullet Posted: 23 March 2013 at 1:33pm
Sorry, I didn't phrase that very well!

What I meant was that corsets are commonly sold by waist size, but are made with a corresponding bust and hip measurement in proportion so that it should fit the average-size female figure with, say, a 30" waist or whatever.  So if the wearer has a bust which is significantly smaller than average in proportion to their waist, then there's a good chance the corset isn't going to fit properly.

It's more likely to be a problem when a male wears an overbust corset designed for a female.  The so-called "male corset" styles are normally made with different bust-to-waist proportions in order to accommodate the different profile of the average male figure and will therefore tend to have a smaller 'bust' measurement.

But basically it's all down to the wearer's individual figure shape.  I'm quite lucky in that when I lace my corset fairly tight, my "bust" fills the corset's bust really nicely and comfortably.   
Don.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version